Monday, March 10, 2008

The FHB project - part 2 - Outline

Outline

Races

Humans
- Because you need humans

Half-kin
- Not sure what these are yet. Thinking that they're the offspring of the main evil race and any of the others. We'll need to define the evil race at some point.

Elves
- One of the staples of fantasy.

Dwarves
- As with elves, one of the staples of fantasy. I think that my Dwarves are going to have sonar, like a bat, rather than darkvision. It seems to make more sense.

I sketched out a world map, and added a large ocean. Deciding that someone needed to live on the ocean, I added Sea Elves.

Sea Elves
- Don't live underwater, but can dive for long periods of time. There was some sort of Elven civil war in the distant past leading to the ancestors of the Sea Elves leaving the forests.

Eagle people
- I've added these because I think it's kind of cool. They live in the same mountains as the dwarves.

Classes

Warriors
Scoundrels
Magicians

I've decided to leave outAdventuring Clerics. There are going to be gods in the world, but their priests won't be going out having adventures. I'm thinking of adding some sort of 'Offerings' system for PCs to gain divine bonuses.

Attributes

Strength
- Affects damage and combat ability

Toughness
- Determines how much damage the PC can take

Agility
- Affects combat ability and defence

Intelligence
- Affects the ability to learn some types of magic

Willpower
- Casting magic and avoiding mind control and persuasion attempts.

Personality
- The social stat

That'll do for now, though I may add some sort of Fortune attribute later on.

Task Resolution

I think I want to go for an attribute based, roll-under system. The dice used will be determined by the range of attributes. We're going to need systems for combat and magic, as well as more general skill check systems for other actions.

No comments: