Sunday, September 30, 2007

More on the Automatic GM

I know I said that my next post on this topic would be the barebones of a system, but I've been pondering other things.

One of the issues with this sort of system is knowing when its time for the adventure to end, and keeping track of left over plot elements for the next one.

Two basic options are a counter - when it hits a certain value, it's time to head towards the final scene as soon as possible. Maybe in the form of a scene related counter (I believe, going by threads about the Mythic GM emulator that this is how Mythic does things). Basically story hitpoints.

The other option is that if your stories are built on a framework, say The Heroe's journey, each completed scene moves you further along the framework. Maybe to a set point, maybe a random number of steps forward.

No comments: